We are pleased to attach herewith the Tax & Regulatory Newsletter – March , 2019 Edition highlighting major recent tax and regulatory developments.
Inside this issue…
- Supreme Court holds the year of completion of substantial expansion within a new unit as a fresh “initial assessment year” for claiming 100% deduction of profits
- Mumbai ITAT held that the payments received by the foreign company for developing and transferring technical plan does not qualify as FTS in the absence of “make available” condition
- Mumbai ITAT held that in the absence of fulfilment of make available condition as mentioned in the India-UK DTAA, no tax is required to be deducted by assessee on payments made to French company
- France sees global tax deal on digital giants in 2019: Minister
- Governments use receipt lotteries to boost tax compliance
- EU court issues landmark decision on Member State power to deny tax benefits
- Turkey issues guidance on controversial digital tax
- Accenture paid £150m to settle Lux Leaks tax dispute
- France tries to set trend with internet tax bill
- SC dismisses McKinsey India’s SLP; HC upheld its research & information service characterization as KPO
- ITAT rules BLT’s inability to provide valid ground for AMP adjustment subsequent to high court’s ruling in prior period; Rejects BEPS actions 8-10 applicability
- The HC Upholds ITAT-order treatment of additional interest on AE’s margin-money
We trust that you will find it interesting and informative.
If you wish to unsubscribe our news alerts, send us a blank mail at [email protected] with a subject line “unsubscribe”, we shall remove your email id from our mailing list.