The income tax (I-T) department expects US-based retail giant Walmart to seek the withholding tax certificate arising out of the $16-billion Flipkart acquisition within a fortnight. The withholding tax certificate will help determine tax liability on buying 77 per cent stake in Bengaluru-based Flipkart deal that got a nod from the Competition Commission of India (CCI) on Wednesday.
Rakesh Nangia, Managing Partner shares his views on aforementioned story for following publications:
- Economic Times- Standalone story
- Business Standard- Standalone story
- Financial Express- Standalone story
- Indian Express- Standalone story
- The Hindu- Standalone story